We’re coming up on Spring Equinox.
Can you feel it? Like really, are your senses registering this shift?
Mine are. I’m hearing bird song, feeling sun on my skin, munching violets, and watching the woods take on an ephemeral cloud of color as the trees fill with buds.
Spring Equinox heralds six months of long days.
Spring Equinox is a day of equal light & dark that kicks off half a year of longer days, the “light seasons”.
Who better to get us excited about that than The Girl Child archetype, with her medicine of wonder, curiosity, and delight?
In these tender first days of light, The Girl Child beckons us from our cozy caves into the sun. She giggles and coaxes until we’re running around with her, delighting at all the new things sprouting, shining, and warming us up.
The Girl Child archetype helps you claim play, curiosity, and wonder as a skill set; valuable tools for navigation.
She wakes you up and invites you to play. The Girl Child engages possibility and encourages you to imagine your best life. Through play and pretend, she shows you how to re-center, walk your path, and do your thing.
If you feel bored, disappointed, dull, or sad, consider inviting The Girl Child into your life.
Walk (or skip, or run) with The Girl Child this season as an ally for re-kindling joy and identifying play as a kind of genius.
Use The Girl Child anointing oil in this daily practice to engage your sense of wonder and enliven joy.
1. As you begin the day, hold your bottle of The Girl Child oil and take a few mindful breaths.
2. Add a small amount of The Girl Child oil to your fingertip, then touch it to your cheeks on either side of your smile.
3. Smile, and for bonus points, giggle.
3. Agree to delight in things today. Agree to marvel, to wonder, to feel curious. Agree to follow some curiosities.
4. Take a few more mindful breaths, then step into your day with The Girl Child as a steady ally.