This weekend we have a “Wisdom Keeper moon”, the waning crescent. This waning crescent moon is a potent time to be with the Wisdom Keeper, often in the form of ritual.
With the “holiday spirit” underway, it’s a sweet time to gather your tribe and pay tribute to the wisdom and guidance each of them has shown you throughout the year.
This is an outline for a simple but potent “thanksgiving” ritual with the Wisdom Keeper.
1. Gather those who have been generous with their time and guidance this year, the ones who have helped you see and remember your wisdom.
2. Invite them to sit or stand in a circle with you.
3. Invite them all to take 3 deep breaths, using the exhalation to release anything distracting or burdensome.
4. Take the hand of the person to your left and say “I’m so glad you’re here”, then invite them to do the same to the person at their left and so on until you are all holding hands.
5. While you’re holding hands, spend a few minute telling them why you’ve invited them.
6. Release hands and get your bottle of Wisdom Keeper anointing oil.
7. Stand in front of each person. Put a small amount of oil on your middle finger and touch it to the tippy top of their head. Say “I see you, and you are The Wisdom Keeper.” Release your touch, then say “Thank you for ….” and elaborate a bit on how they’ve helped you this year.
8. Once each guest has been anointed, honored, and thanked, resume your place in the circle.
9. You may choose to sit and invite each person to say something, or
10. Hold hands again, thank you guests for coming and open the circle by simply saying “we each leave this circle unto ourselves. Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again”.
11. End your ceremony.