I first read The Passion of Mary Magdalen by Elizabeth Cunningham in 2006 on the way home from the Priestess gathering in Minnesota.
It changed me.
This incredible story spoke to my heart.
The Passion of Mary Magdalen inspired The Tantrika anointing oil, and my understanding of that archetype.
The students in The Mystical Year and the Tantrika Self Study are reading it now.
Read it it with us while we’re in the season of The Tantrika!
Click HERE to read more about Maeve and Elizabeth
Here are some questions to ponder after you’ve read The Passion of Mary Magdalen.
1. How did you feel about Maeve and her practice of “tending the stranger”? How would it feel to look at your own lover as “the stranger” sometimes?
2. Do you have an equivalent of the “fire of the stars”? Do you think everyone does?
3. What do you think Maeve has to teach a woman living in 2019?
4. How did you feel about Maeve being an equal to Jesus? Did that feel peaceful, powerful, or blasphemus?
5. Does The Tantrika anointing help you connect with Maeve and what she represents?