Aromatic Scrying is a sense-inspired way to honor the phase of the moon, and dive deeply within yourself to discover what this phase of the moon means for you.
Scrying is an ancient approach to visioning. Seers would fill a basin of water, and peer into its reflection, making meaning of any imagery found there. Some saw the future. Some found inspiration and guidance.
Aromatic Scrying introduces essential oils into the mix by incorporating a wonderful “aromatic steam”. We will be adding steamy water and essential oils that I’ve chosen for this moon phase into the scrying bowl; inhaling the vapors into our bodies, and absorbing them into our skin and hair.
The time in the steam will feel like a mini sweat lodge experience. The oils will alter and inspire you, as will the warmth of the steam. Once you are done “steaming”, you will simply remove the towel or blanket from over your head, and then settle into gazing at the water.
Make meaning of what you see.
Pisces Full Moon
We will be using Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea) essential oil for this Pisces Full Moon scrying session. Clary Sage essential oil helps to open the third eye, so that we may vision Truth and Magic. This essential oil is known for clearing the eyes of things like conjunctivitis, and also for soothing the body in cases of spasm/ holding on to things too tightly. Invite Clary Sage to work her magic with you.
For this scrying session, I will invite you to look past what is immediately reflected to you in the still surface of the water: your Ego and your Story. You may choose to stare at this well-crafted image briefly; taking an honest look at all the ways you have been wronged, feel victimized, feel entitled, feel ownership, feel blame. All of the things you’ve sacrificed for everyone, all of the things that are “yours”.
Then let that image pass, as though you are gazing into a crystal clear lake and watching the reflection of clouds moving across the sky. Allow that Ego reflection to float away as effortlessly as a cloud in the sky.
Once the surface of your scrying bowl is clear again, invite an image of your true Path to come to you.
What vision do you have for your life?
If this has been a source of confusion for you, let yourself see it clearly now.
You may see a vision on the stillness of the scrying water as clearly as you can see the moon, reflecting ever shining star light. There is nothing in between the sun and the moon today; just perfect reflection.
Allow the still water of the scrying bowl to show you the vision of your true Path, perfectly illuminated and reflected.
- Dark colored thick bowl, slightly larger than the diameter of your face.
- Heavy towel or blanket
- Steamy water
- Clary Sage essential oil
- Begin with your breath. Inhaling neutral/clean energy. Exhaling everything distracting you.
- Ground yourself, so that you feel stable, connected and holding unwavering space.
- Feel yourself as safe.
- Begin with a comfortable table and chair.
- Drape your towel or blanket over the back of the chair, so that it’s easy to drape over your head.
- Place a bowl of steamy water on the table so that you can easily bend over it.
- Set you intention for this scrying session.
- Add 2 drops of Clary Sage essential oil to the water.
- Keeping your eyes closed, lean over the bowl and drape the blanket over your head.
- Begin taking breaths of the aromatic steam, deepening your breaths as you can.
- Continue until the steam has cooled.
- Remove the blanket from your head
- Turn off any lights that you have on. You want to be in mostly darkness, or in the light of a candle.
- Open your eyes, and gaze into the water.
- Give yourself several minutes to relax, and see what comes to you.
- Make meaning of what you see, and apply it to your Pisces Full Moon intentions.
- Give thanks to all of the energies that supported you doing this, whether it’s your family leaving you alone for some quiet time, or the coyotes that howled in the distance, or the earth moving from in between the sun and moon, creating perfect reflection and illumination.
Speaking of Gratitudes, I’d like to thank the following sources for their insights: