a 6-class series about mystical Aromatherapy blending techniques
Blending essential oils and aromatic medicine making is as poetic as it is precise.
In my experience, the ability to read symbols and imbue medicine with poetry are important skill sets, especially when making medicines for the spirit.
Join me for this unique Aromatherapy training where you will deepen your relationship with aromatic botanicals, hone your intuition, expand your olfactory palette, and learn to blend potent medicine for the spirit.
This class is grounded in botanical anatomy and inspired by the relationship of humans and plants.
In addition to learning blending techniques, you will also learn about ritual and “magical applications” like scrying, anointing, clearing, and protection.
So, witch scientists, poets, shamans, medicine folk, and scent sculptors, this one’s for you.
Open to 6 students
- Six Mondays from 6pm – 8:30pm (March 27, April 3, 10, 17, 24, and May 1).
- This class series is held at Darkwood, my apothecary in East Asheville NC. You must have 4WD/AWD or be able to walk up a short, steep hill to reach the apothecary.
- Tuition: $597 (includes the lab fee: all materials used while in class like scent strips, essential oils, carrier oils, bottles & jars. Plus, printed workbooks and worksheets.)
- Learn to read 8 morphological plant structures as archetypes for blending.
- Educate your olfactory palette with a Materia Medica of essentials oils, absolutes, etc.
- Learn techniques for blending elegant and effective aromatherapy preparations.
- Experience ceremony in each class.
- Learn Aromatherapy applications, like anointing and scrying.
This is a certificate class, but does not satisfy any official CE credits for any institutions except, like, Avalon and Hogwarts.
Module 1 // Mar 27 // Introduction to Mystical Aromatherapy
Lab: aromatic scrying
Take-home product: Scrying synergy | 5 ml glass vial of organic essential oil
Module 2 // Apr 3 // ROOTS and WOOD
Lab: anointing oil for channeling
Take-home product: Channeling anointing oil | 1 dram bottle of organic jojoba oil and organic essential oils
Module 3 // Apr 10 // FLOWERS and RESIN
Lab: salve for healing & love
Take-home product: Healing Salve | 2 oz glass jar of salve blended with beeswax, organic sunflower oil and organic essential oils (including precious flower extracts)
Module 4 // Apr 17 // LEAVES and FRUIT
Lab: soaking salts for protection
Take-home product: Protection bathing salts | 8 ox amber glass jar with organic essential oils, plant material, and seas salt
Module 5 // Apr 24 // HERBS and SEEDS
Lab: energy clearing spray
Take-home product: Shift Spray | 2 oz amber glass spray bottle with organic essential oils, sea salt, and distilled water
Module 6 // May 1// Esoteric diagnostics, blending, and self-care
Lab: concocting for others
Take-home products: 1-2 products or formulas crafted by fellow students to address your specific needs. Packaging and materials will consist of those used previously in class.
- Start times are strict because we begin with an opening meditation and ceremony not conducive to interruptions or late arrivals. Please arrive to Darkwood around 5:45 to park and settle in. Opening rituals begin at 6 pm sharp.
- No refunds. If you can’t attend class b/c of illness, I will get you your materials and etc.
- If I have to cancel class because I am ill, we will reschedule based upon consensus.